William L. Colbert Florida Constitution: City Codes: http://www.municode.com/ Florida Courts:
1001 Heathrow Park Lane
Heathrow, Florida 32746
Phone Number: (407) 322-2171
Toll Free Phone Number: (800) 247-5225
Facsimile Transmittal Number: (407) 330-2379
The City Attorney, is a City officer of City Government under the City Charter of the City of Sanford (as are the City Manager and City Clerk) and is selected by and directly serves the City Commission. The City Attorney serves as legal adviser, attorney, and counselor for the City and all its officers, employees, boards and committees in matters relating to their official duties.
The City Attorney:
• Prepares contracts, bonds and other legal instruments for the City.
• Prepares ordinances and resolutions for action by the City Commission.
• Represents the City in legal proceedings.
• Provides legal opinions on any question of law relating to the City.
• Coordinates legal services relative to all aspects of City government.
• Provides legal leadership, subject to policy direction of the City Commission.
• Performs other professional legal services as mandated by law.
Helpful Legal Links:
Supreme Court: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/
State Courts Web Site: http://www.flcourts.org/
Seminole County Circuit Court: http://www.flcourts18.org/
Florida Attorney General: http://www.myfloridalegal.com/#
Attorney General’s Sunshine Law Office: http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/Main/314BA231F89C0C8A8525791B006A54E2
William L. Colbert
City Codes: http://www.municode.com/