Fire Chief Craig Radzak joined the Sanford Fire Department in 1992 and was appointed Fire Chief in April 2013. Chief Radzak holds an Associate of Science Degree in Emergency Medical Technology and Fire Science Technology from Seminole State College. The Chief’s higher education includes a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration with a minor in Health Sciences, and Master’s Degree in Public Administration along with a Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning from the University of Central Florida.
Chief Radzak is a member of many professional organizations including the International Association of Fire Chiefs, Florida Fire Chiefs Association, and the Central Florida Fire Chiefs Association. Contact Chief Craig Radzak 407.688.5044
To provide protection and prevention against the loss of life and property by fire, emergency services, and mitigation of hazards to the public.
Through a collaborative and cooperative effort of dedicated professionals, the Sanford Fire Department will strive for continual improvement of its services and personnel to provide quality services and develop the next generation of leaders to ensure long-term success.
Current Services and Projects
- Fire Rescue/Emergency Response: During the current year, the Department responded to over 10,500 incidents.
- Tower 31 special operations capabilities increased in the areas of rope rescue, trench rescue and confined space rescue.
- EMS Bike Team
- Formalized Station Tours and on-site displays.
- Citizen CPR classes
- Smoke Detector Program - provides and installs a detector free of charge to needy households. This program is funded by donations and grants.
- Automatic Defibrillator installed at the Fire Prevention Division in City Hall to provide immediate response to cardiac patients.
- Walk-in Blood Pressure Checks are offered at all 3 Fire Stations and at the Fire Prevention Division in City Hall.
- Juvenile Fire Setters Program - Implemented to provide a voluntary, structured, classroom setting of education & counseling for at-risk children.
- Child Passenger Safety Program - Provides monthly car seat checks to ensure parents are aware of the correct installation techniques and child seat restraint laws.
- Bicycle Helmet Offenders Program - works in conjunction with Sanford Police Department to provide a free helmet to those citizens who have received citations.
- Kids Safe Place Program - Implemented at all 3 fire stations to offer a safe haven for abused or abandoned children.