Sanford’s Downtown Commercial Historic District includes 24 buildings that were listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. The tour has examples of various architectural styles dating from 1883 through 1925 and includes two buildings outside the district: The University of Central Florida Public History Center (former Student Museum) and the Hotel Forrest Lake.
There were originally 26 buildings listed. The McQuaid Building was demolished and the Stone Gove was burned and demolished.
Click on the image or address of any of the 26 commercial buildings shown below for more information.
Click Here to view a map of the walking tour through the Downtown Commercial Historic District.