City of Sanford 2018 Regular City Election Forms and Publications
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository for Candidates [Form DS-DE 9] [PDF]
- Affidavit of Residency:
- Documentation of residency is also required.
- Candidate Oath [Form DS-DE 302NP] [PDF]
- Loyalty Oath and Oath of Candidate for Write-in Candidates [Form DS-DE 24A] [PDF]
Statement of Financial Interests [[CE FORM 1] [PDF]
- Statement of Candidate [Form DS-DE 84] [PDF]
- Candidate Petition Process and Candidate Petition Form DS-DE 104 [PDF]
- Candidate and Campaign Treasurer Handbook [PDF]
- Chapter 106, Florida Statutes [PDF]
- Charter of the City of Sanford
- Political Campaign Signs [PDF] - excerpt from Schedule K, Sanford Land Development Regulations
- Political Campaign Sign Application
- Political Campaign Sign request for deposit return (PDF)
- Political Campaign Sign request for deposit return (Excel)
- Political Campaign Advertisements [PDF] - Chapter 106.1435, Florida Statutes
On January 11, 2016, the City Commission adopted Ordinance No. 4361, which amends Section 6.01 of the City Charter, Elections, to provide that the Regular Municipal Election of the City shall be held simultaneously with the State Primary Election of each election year and that a run-off election, if necessary, shall be held simultaneously with the State General Election of each election year after qualification is completed and after consultation with the Seminole County Supervisor of Elections.
The Ordinance also includes a new Section 6.01 of the City Code to implement the verification of signatures/petitions to provide that the form of the petition may be submitted to the Supervisor of Elections if the City Clerk so directs under the authority of Section 6.02 (c) of the City Charter.
Most of the above forms and publications are also available online from the Florida Division of Elections. Additional forms and publications not listed above are also available online from the Florida Division of Elections.