Speaker: Bob Turk, Economic Development Director firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Sanford is promoting Sanford as a great place to locate businesses through marketing and outreach efforts. Business growth from both new business relocation and existing business expansion is a key factor to healthy local economy. The Economic Development office also helps promote Sanford as a shopping destination through events such as the weekly Farmer’s Market, which benefit citizens and business at the same time. Additionally, this office coordinates the City’s economic incentive programs and serves as the Director of the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA). The office functions as a liaison for business interests to the City government. Additional projects and business improvement efforts include:
• Facilitating City, County and State Economic Development Incentives
• Assistance with Business Development Resources
• Commercial property improvement assistance through the Downtown Sanford CRA.
• Helping businesses with regulation and permitting requirements and getting answers to questions
• Community Visioning and Strategic Planning