Overview and History of Sanford Fire Department
The City of Sanford Fire Department is one of the oldest fire departments in the State of Florida consisting of three fire stations providing services to the City of Sanford and surrounding communities since 1873
Key Historical Dates:
1956-Central Fire Station, Station 31, (pictured below) was relocated from Palmetto Ave. to 1303 French Ave.
1975- Fire Station 32 opened at 3770 Orlando Dr.
1991-Fire Station 38 opened at 1300 Central Park Dr.
Started providing advanced Life Support Services at Station 31 & 32
1997-Began providing emergency transports on Rescue 31 and Rescue 32
2000- Fire Prevention moved from Central Fire Station (Station 31) to City hall.
2002-Fully Staffed Tower 31
2003- Fire Station 32 was relocated to 300 East Airport Blvd
2004- Fire/Dive Rescue Boat was placed in service at the Sanford Marina
2006- Rescue 38 was added to the fleet at Station 38
2010- Opened Police & Fire Public Safety Complex on Historic Goldsboro Blvd.