Adopt a Park Program
Interested in keeping your local park in your Sanford community litter free? Grab a neighbor, friend, relative or coworker and become one of Sanford’s Clean Teams! See your team’s name proudly displayed on a sign at the park or trail!
Any local community organization, school group or business group, as well as individuals 18 years of age or older may Adopt-A-Park or trail maintained by the City, subject to an approval process.
Guidelines for adopting a park is as follows:
- Participants must execute a hold harmless agreement.
- Groups shall maintain a designated coordinator from the group for all Program activities.
- You must agree to dedicate one year to the program.
- Agree to Adopt-A-Park, trail or public space as designated by the City’s Adopt- A-Park staff.
- Commit to clean-up the adopted park a minimum of four times per year.
- Participants must schedule and record all of their clean-ups through the City’s Adopt-A-Park staff.
- Your group is responsible for furnishing adult supervision for participants who are 17 and under.
- Participants shall attend an initial instruction and training Program relative to their obligation to follow safety practices as well as familiarization with the park, trail or public space assigned by the City’s Adopt-A-Park staff.
- You will be responsible for any equipment provided by the City.
Assemble your team and contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 407.688.5103 to coordinate a trash removal site and provide you with trash bags and grabbers. Be sure to choose a cool team name so we can post it on your park signs … and brag about you on our website and social media sites!
Adopt-a-Park Program Guidelines